NGASC Member Insurance
- Our association provides a no cost $1,000 death benefit for all active guard members as long as they complete the application process.
- Our Basic life insurance policy provides affordable term life insurance coverage for the entire Family in the amounts of $5,000 to $50,000. Premiums are payroll deducted. All you have to do is answer a few short health questions. Coverage available for the entire family.
- In addition, our Enhanced life insurance policy provides affordable term life insurance for Soldiers, Airmen, and spouse. Coverage amounts are available $50,000 increments up to a maximum of $400,000 of coverage.
EANGUS and NGAUS Member Insurance
- NGAUS and EANGUS members under the age of 80 are automatically enrolled for $2,500 in accidental death and dismemberment coverage
SC College Assistance Program (CAP)
- Full time students can receive up to $5,500 per academic year. The lifetime maximum cannot exceed $22,000. Grant is subject to the availability of funds.
- CAP Application window is June 1st through August 1st.
- Applications can be found at https://getsmartsc.com under the “Military” tab at the top of the page by clicking on the “SC National Guard” tab, then “CAP” then select Army or Air.
- For more information or questions please contact
- Army: firstname.lastname@example.org (803) 299-2734
- Air: email@example.com (803) 647-8211
- In Addition to CAP, the National Guard Scholarship Foundation provides roughly $70,000 per year in merit-based scholarship awards to members or dependents of members..
Tricare Reserve Select Benefits
- The National Guard Association worked on behalf of its members to obtain Tricare benefits for all National Guard and Reserve Soldiers and Airmen. This benefit provides access to quality health care for Guard and Reserve members at a deeply discounted and subsidized monthly fee. The NGASC has worked with our congressional delegation to prevent this benefit from being wrapped up in the Affordable Care Act. We are also working to provide this benefit to Technicians.
- Networking with peers and leaders within the SC National Guard.
- Association membership is an excellent way to supplement your resume. Memberships convey to your employer that you are dedicated to your field of study.
- Enhancement of career opportunities within the SC National Guard
No South Carolina State Income tax on National Guard Drill Pay, AT Days and Military Retirement Pay
The NGASC has worked with the South Carolina legislature to exempt the following from your State taxes:
- Military Drill Pay
- 15 AT days
- Military Retirement Pay
SC State Pension
- SC state pension at age 60, which provides $50 per month, assuming you have at least 20 years of service with 15 of the last 20 in the SCNG, and the last 10 in the SCNG.
- It adds $5 per month for each year of service over 20, up to a maximum of $100 at 30 years of service.
- The NGASC successfully lobbied the state legislature in 2006 to reinstate and retain this benefit.
- You may deduct your State National Guard pension (stipend) on your S.C. State tax form.
- Legislative updates at the National Level: visit www.eangus.org and www.ngaus.org